7 moves for 10 days. But how to analyse each move. According to Jack Daniels' Running Formula there are 3 main ingredients for success:
- Economy: how much energy is needed to run a particular distance
- V02 max: amount of oxygen that can be transported from the lungs to the muscles and used by the muscles (it's linked to HR)
- Endurance: the amount of energy an athlete can store
The watch tracks all major KPIs needed to make a in-depth analysis of my performance. Most important to about this ran is that just by following only for 1 week the training schemes developed by Jack Daniels (more info later), i've managed to cut 40sec/km of my easy pace while i maintain ~150bpm HR for 12km. Amazing! There is more to improve, but first i need to finish with the reading of his book in order to tailor my training even more.
As you can notice there is positive correlation btw. HR & V02 which also influences the Energy consumption. The longer i run, the more alignment is there btw. HR & Energy consumption. What this means?!
- by keeping strong monitoring of the HR, i can track my VO2 & Energy Consumption
- Have dedicated training for each system: endurance, speed, technique, V02max, energy efficiency, etc.
I will keep a diary of my achievements and on a weekly basis will summarize about my progress. Probably you'll ask what's my goal of doing all this...well i will apply for a new marathon because running is fun...and beer tastes muuch better after 20+km of run
Did you enjoy this post? If so, please consider sharing on Facebook, Twitter, or via Email through the link below. Also, I’d love to keep sending you updates about my adventures around the world, so please subscribe to BULMANIA EXPLORERS by email below.