Run On Mar 23rd 2013
Today's run was again after heavy going out with friends.
What was my run strategy:
I've brought this time water to drink every 20 min & 1 twix to eat in the middle of the run. My idea was to have 1 lap (2.5km) of fast run followed by slow one, dedicated for muscle relax. You can notice how my avg. speed was decreasing till the middle of the run. My guess is that the twix gave me enough power boost to increase my pace. On the other hand, if i compare this run with the last week (similar distance of 7 miles) my avg. speed has decreased by 6% (from 9'26"/mi vs. 8'56"/mi).
What I should change for the next similar run:
- Get enough sleep
- Avoid drinking alcohol the night before
- keep drinking water every 20min
- keep eating one power bar (protein or chocolate) every 30min
- Increase the speed when the terrain is flat
- Maintain low pace when the terrain is hilly
- Adjust Nike+ app to give voice feedback every 500m (instead of every 1km) to monitor the avg. pace
Last week i have learned that i should be stepping almost on the entire foot when running in order to spread my body weight & reduce chances of injury. Will carry on with this one in this week and compare how it is.